Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Colorado Quilt A Fair

Last Saturday, September 24th, I attended the Colorado Quilt-A-Fair with my neighbor and her mom. It was wonderful to be surrounded by such magnificent quilts of all sizes, skill levels, and colors. It was like a candy store of fabric for me.

I had to resist purchasing a bunch of fabric but I did meet my goals and stayed under spending $65 at the affair. I bought some winter batiks for a tablerunner I'm working on, some holiday fat quarters to use in stockings and a tablerunner, and an icot from Japan to grace my living room wall. (I could ramble on about kimonos and my passion for them, but that's for another post)

I also stumbled upon some vintage hankerchiefs for mom. I think they will make a wonderful gift this holiday season!

My friend's mom and I discussed the various techniques of quilting, drooled over several booths of quilting machines and techniques on display quilts, and delighted over hand dyed fabrics, ribbon, and textiles. That's a new found art for me and I look forward to using some of these new types of fabric in my quilts and pieces for my etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment